Terms & Conditions
For information regarding competition, please see terms at base of this page.
Updated 31st October 2020
Our Coronavirus policy.
The Great Bakes kitchen forms part of a home kitchen, which is registered with Wandsworth council and has been given a 5 star rating by the Environmental Health Authority.
Great Bakes is a family run business and is solely staffed by Husband and Wife team, Caroline and Gary. This has meant that we have been able to continue working from home, providing you with all our delicious cakes during the current pandemic, without concern for the comings and goings of staff.
Our cleaning schedule is of the highest standard and we are as rigorous as ever in our implementation of this.
Delivery is carried out by either Gary or Caroline. Our delivery vehicle is only driven by us and is equipped with sanitiser gel, wipes and mask.
All deliveries are made to the doorstep and are contact free. Our hands are sanitised each time we return to the vehicle having knocked or rung a doorbell or opened a gate.
At all times Great Bakes will ensure to minimise risk of any cross contamination from either allergens or disease to protect products, consumers and ourselves.
We will work to the highest levels of FSA standard guidelines and adapt methods as and when these change.
Should either of us become unwell or show symptoms of Covid-19, we will temporarily cease to trade and follow government guidelines of isolation.
Terms and conditions: (The boring bits...)
We apologise for these but we are required by law to include the following Terms and Conditions for all transactions made on the greatbakes.co.uk website.
Things you may want to know
This website is only for ordering products to be despatched to customers in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland addresses. We can and do ship overseas but ask you to contact us for costs of delivery.
Prices and availability of goods is subject to change without notice.
Once we have begun baking your order we cannot accept cancellations or offer refunds.
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with your products, please let us know within 24 hours of delivery, so that we are aware of a problem and can prevent further occurrences. We will then either replace or refund you the cost of the goods at our discretion. We reserve the right to ask you to either return the items (at our expense) or provide additional evidence, such as a photograph, before a refund or replacement is sent out. We can only make a refund to the original credit or debit card account used to make the purchase. We cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss.
We have been awarded a 5/5 star food hygiene rating.
We do produce products that contain nuts and are unable to guarantee that some cross contamination will not occur.
- The Whole Earth prize draw (the “Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over except employees and their immediate families of the promoter Whole Earth Foods UK, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the Promotion.
- The Promotion opens on 17.11.20 and the closing date is 23.59 BST on 24.11.2020
- To enter participants must have a public social account, and complete ALL of the steps below:
- A) Follow @wholeearthfoods on Instagram or Facebook
- B) Follow @greatbakes_uk on Instagram or @greatbakesuk on Facebook
- C) Tag a student
- Multiple entries are permitted. Bulk or third-party entries will not be accepted. Offensive or inappropriate content will not be included within the draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason.
- 20x winners will be picked randomly from entries that have completed the steps as stated in point 3 above.
- Each entrant that meets the requirements of these terms and conditions will be entered into the prize draw. Participants must be members of Instagram.
- Participants must abide by Instagram’s conditions of use. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments via Instagram or elsewhere, that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other entrants and followers of Whole Earth Foods or Great Bakes or are otherwise offensive or inappropriate will be disqualified from the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram to any such behaviour and the participant may have his/her Instagram account frozen pending investigation.
- The participants randomly selected from all correct entries that meet the entry criteria, using an independently verified computer-generated system, will be the winner (the “Winner”).
- The Winner will be contacted via a direct message on Instagram by 17.30 on 24.11.2020 and required to confirm their email, a contact number, together with their real name and address by 17.30 on 25.11.2020. If the Promoter cannot contact the Winner via the Instagram account provided at entry or if the Winner does not return necessary details within this timeframe, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw using an independently verified computer-generated system.
- The prize consists of 1x Great Bakes Peanut Butter StickyJack Gift Tin and 1x Jar of Whole Earth. (The “Prize Package”). There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated. The Prize is subject to terms and conditions of use which the winner by entering this promotion agrees to. The Prize is non-transferrable.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. The promoter cannot be held responsible for any damages occurred during transit.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner agrees, if requested, to participate in related publicity accompanying or resulting from the Promotion without further recompense. The Winner further agrees that all materials produced pursuant to the promotion and will remain the property of Whole Earth Foods.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, or Instagram. Instagram or Twitter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or liability caused by matters relating to this Promotion.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Wessanen UK, River View, The Meadows Business Park, Station Approach, Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey, GU17 9AB.